Thursday, May 7, 2009

Filed a complaint letter to Big Apple Donuts

Although it was just a small matter, me and my friends whom were present still decided to file in a complaint letter as we was extremely frustrated at that moment.

Anyway, i'm actually helping them raise their service standards right??

so, below is the actual complaint i send in via e-mail

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I visited Big Apple Donuts outlet in Kinta City on 7/5/2009 around 5.30pm. My friend approached the cashier counter and asked for a catalog but was turned-down by a Chinese lady staff, wearing a blue top and white pants, in which i think is the manager-on-duty. I'm gonna address her as 'the lady' since she wasn't wearing any name tag. She informed my friend that Big Apple Donuts doesn't provide any catalogs for customers. So, I approached one of the Malay staff and requested for the same thing. He treated me friendly and was about to hand me the catalog(which is made up of vouchers) when he was stopped by the lady. I heard the lady lecturing him that only customers whom have made purchases are entitled to receive those catalogs as they come with vouchers. I was shocked and disappointed with the managers action as i was planning to buy some donuts for my friends whom are still working at that time. Thus, it is necessary for me to bring a catalog as a reference for them as they couldn't be at the specific outlet. The lady even gave me a 'displeased' look when lecturing the staff. In the end, i resorted to picking up a dirty catalog left behind by customers on the table. I'm truly disappointed with the service provided since Big Apple Donuts is a renown international franchise. I have a few question regarding this matter:

1) Is there any written terms and conditions saying that the catalog can only be given to customers whom have made a purchase in Big Apple Donuts?

2) Is it strictly forbidden to hand out catalogs to those whom requested for it but have not made any purchases as it comes with promotion vouchers?

If both the answer is yes for the above questions, then i would strongly suggests that Big Apples Donuts should produce a specific catalog for the needs of customers.

3) What about those customers whom need a catalog but are still not ready to make any purchases?(for example, they need to let their family/friends decide on the choice of donuts. But their family/friends are unable to be present at the outlet) Other than that, wouldn't it be extremely troublesome to have everyone present in order to choose the flavor they prefer when only one person is needed to make the purchase? This is when a catalog comes in handy.

I would like to hear from your company soon regarding this matter.

Thanks for your cooperation.

From,
Frustrated customer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully they doesn't recognise me as the 'culprit since i've practically bought A LOT , i mean really A LOT from them.....
48 on the 6/5 and 18 on the 7/5.....
who cares anyway??!!

3 comments:

  1. I know that lady! Cause she was the only lady working there!

    Good job complaining. I mean, if you really care about the vouchers, why don't you just tear it off and just give us the rest of the catalogue?

    I mean, she could've told you nicely and explain it to you rather then giving you 'the look' right??

    Is this the so called 'customer service'???

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, it's like the more we talked about the incident, the more frustrated we became~~~

    anyway, that kind of service attitude definitely deserves a complaint lo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I have found your blog while surfing the net. As I was doing my research, I have also found a great resource for online complaints: Complaint Letters. I think you will find it very interesting and resourceful

    ReplyDelete