Thursday, September 4, 2014

Pregnancy diagnosis

Went through my first cattle pregnancy diagnosis prac exam this morn and surprisingly did pretty well! A shocker indeed! Have always considered my PD skills to be lacking, rectal palpation is just not something I can master in a short period of time, what more with the lack of opprtunity to practice.
Think I'm getting pretty good at diagnosing less than 10weeks old pregnancie since out of the 8 i did, 5 was in that range haha!
One thing i took home from this exam was to trust my gut! and trust what you feel! It's like I felt the membrane slip on the first  time but can't seem to get a feel of that again and it turned out I was right from the start! Certainly the more one incubates inside the cow, the more one will second guess their decision. So, best to go in, feel for signs of pregnancy and get out~ Easier said that done to be honest! Since sometimes i spend the first couple of minutes digging out shit from their rectum and some cows just wouldn't stop contracting and there goes my arm's sensation.
Was practically covered in shit after the whole thing since some cows basically shoot their poop out right onto me, and no.56 i'll always remember you as the one that flicked your poop covered tail over my neck and face pft!
Anyways, glad that one exam is over and hopefully i wouldn't need to repeat it!

update : YAY I PASSED ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment