Saturday, February 14, 2009

bad experience

GosH!!!
the sense of panic is still ringing in my head....

it was pretty a norm day until night falls......

finished work at 9pm and wanted to drive home as planned....

got to my car and pressed the remote. "once" nothing happened...
"second" still
ntg happened...

"okay, so the remote is not working. never mind, there is still THE KEY"

Pop key into lock....lock opened....

"well, so far so good huh...."

so i shall open the door next....

And that was my biggest mistake for the day.....

the alarm went off like mad the minute i lay my hands on the handle and tugged it...

"Damn!!!
wat's happening??!!"

so, i immediately closed the door....( well, i supposed that's what a normal person will do right??)

yet, the alarm still continued.....(seems familiar??...friends, we learned this in physics...
hah)
the alarm actually came to a halt only when i locked the door back

what to do now??!! call for HELP!!!!

me : hello, daddy
ar?
uncle : "talking some crap in Malay"
me :
mou gau la(don't play a fool) ....EMERGENCY!!!
uncle :
sek loon. emergency ar...

me : daddy!!!
i'm in big trouble!!! can't start the car....
dad : what happened?
me :'
explain situation'
dad : okay,
i'll call lok sok to assist u kay....

uncle : tell me what happened
me : (.........)
uncle : so, just open the car
me : ah??then let the alarm be
triggered oh??
uncle : yes, just do it
(alarm going off...)

uncle : now, plugged in the car key and turn twice, that's till the
acc part
me : done
uncle : reach beneath the compartment of the passenger seat beside you. find for a small button
me : ah?? what button?? there got button
ge meh??
uncle : yea....it's more to the left. a very small one
me : 'searching'.......'still searching'...got it!!
uncle : now, just press the button
me : press the button....okay
uncle : has the alarm gone off??
me : eh??no....should it?
uncle : try pressing a few more times...
me : still nothing....
uncle : okay, then get out of the car. lock the door and try again. try to be faster this time.
me : 'repeated the whole process'
uncle : worked??
me : no!!!
uncle : try again
(and this went on for a few times)

uncle : so, i think there's something wrong with
ur alarm deactivation system. call u back after 5min.

and those were the longest 5minutes of my life

uncle : hello, listen carefully okay?
me : sure
uncle : now,
u'ii have to proceed to the passenger seat. look beneath the compartment where you found the button earlier.
me : okay
uncle : find a small box. About the size of your palm. around 3-4inches....
me : i can't see a thing!
uncle : you have to look under it
me :'getting on my knees'.....
i'll try my best...'one moment later' um....i see a box...but, it's quite big leh...le
uncle : how big is it?
me : it's kinda bigger than my palm...
uncle " see any wires connected to it?
me : .......i don't think so....
uncle :
ok, so that's not what we are looking for. that's the condenser by the way...
me : oh??'continue searching'
uncle : you have to locate the small box that contain the alarm system and disconnect the wires in order to disengaged the alarm.
me : what?? (am i supposed to be a mechanic now?!)......ah....i couldn't find it...maybe
i'll get some help from my friends....
uncle : call you back in 5-10min time
kay?

so, scrambled back to Sushi King and got
Pui Jin. She too tried the same process as i did earlier. still unsuccesful....

uncle was on the phone with
Pui Jin. And miraculously, she found a bunch of wires.....

Pui Jin : your uncle says disconnect he wires from the socket wor...
me : huh??what??
Pui Jin : as in pull them out la....you'll be the one doing it kay?? since this is your car...
me : 'pulling...' cannot
le.....are you sure that this is the correct wire anyway??
Pui Jin : Well, to be honest, i'm not too sure also. Since this is the only bunch of wires that i'm able to locate....i'm assuming....
me : ah..?!then this is really a bad idea......hand the phone over please....
uncle : never mind now...
i'm sending my friend over. he's kind of a pro in this field. Mr Fong.

Well, why didn't my family or uncle came over to aid me??
ha, they would if they were not enjoying a relative reunion in Cameron.....Having a double feast of
barbeque and steambot.....
and i was stuck in
ipoh all alone.....

Everything was settled in less than 5min when Mr.
Fong arrived!!

but, i didn't went home right after that.....
stayed back to help
Pui Jin finished her closing chores....

This incident was indeed a very"enriching" one though.....

and
i'll be superb careful the next time the remote fail me.....



1 comment:

  1. Physics. So what we learnt was really true...

    did you panicked real bad? Cause from what I read the alarm lasted quite long...

    Poor you. You should just come and stay at my house.

    ReplyDelete